(District Office 12 Month Position)
Director of Secondary Education and STEM
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Start Date: October 1, 2017
SDA or SDL Certification required; previous administrative experience required
Salary based on experience
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Secondary Education, the responsibilities of the Director of Secondary Education and STEM are, but not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with District Directors and Secondary Building Administrators to provide leadership in the District’s STEM and CTE initiatives.
- Provide leadership and meet regularly with the department Chairpeople in collaboration with District Directors and Secondary Principals.
- Observe and evaluate teachers from all secondary departments
- Develop and monitor the integration of STEM curricula into the core content.
- Monitor academic content which supports the CTE Programs
- Monitor internships for all CTE Programs.
- Organize, develop, coordinate and provide training for the professional staff related to best practices
- Coordinate professional development for Secondary Teachers
- Monitor implementation of Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core Standards in Mathematics
- Support the Office of Secondary Education, as needed
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Previous applicants need not apply.
Must apply on OLAS (ATTN: Kathleen Keane)
Do not call or send hard copies.