Teach Electrical Trades (residential and commercial) to high school students in a career center setting. Duties would include the preparation of lesson plans, course outlines, trade analyses, the establishment of shop safety programs, the maintenance of tools and equipment and may also include shop layout planning. The candidate will be expected to manage a classroom environment appropriately and be responsible for meeting each learner's individual needs and evaluating their progress as part of record keeping duties. Technology will need to be used as part of the instruction to enhance the educational setting.
- Residential Experience/Work that will be taught includes:
• wiring lighting outlets, receptacles, switches and appliances
• installing light duty electrical services
- Commercial Experience/Work, that will be taught includes:
• installing conduits
• installing wire,recessed and fluorescent lighting, large service panels and motor control circuits
Additional areas that will be taught include:
• chime systems and lighting fixtures
• conductors, cables and boxes
• electric heat
• motors, electrical controls and transformers
• switches and outlets
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years practical experience in the field (a minimum of 3 years is required) or is a certified Teacher of Trade Electric with at least 5 years of teaching experience.