The New York State Education Department has regulations regarding the aidability of tickets to arts events/museum. As with in-school arts events, districts will also receive state aid when working through BOCES to arrange for the payment of the tickets for students to attend art events outside of school. When a request for tickets is received by BOCES, It will be pre-paid by BOCES and then districts will be billed for the total amount plus the usual administrative fee.
HOW TO REQUEST PAYMENT FOR OUT OF SCHOOL ART EVENTS:
NOTE: BOCES NEEDS AT LEAST 3-4 WEEKS TO PROCESS A CHECK!
- Contact Theatre/Box Office/Museum and reserve tickets for date desired. Ask the Box Office to send an Invoice TO YOU listing BOCES as the agent responsible for payment. At this time, also arrange to either pick up tickets at the Box Office or have them delivered to you. If it's a participation fee or a visit to a museum, just get an invoice from the museum stating the fee.
(PLEASE NOTE: TRANSPORTION FEES, PARKING, RENTAL SPACE FOR LUNCH, FOOD & LODGING, ARE ALL NON-AIDABLE ITEMS, AND SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL YOU ENTER ON THE REQUEST' FORM OR SHOULD THEY BE ON THE INVOICE. THE INVOICE SHOULD ONLY SHOW THE FEE BOCES WILL BE PAYINGTO THE THEATRE/MUSEUM/BOX OFFICE. THOSE ADDITIONAL FEES ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.)
- Complete the same "ARTS PROGRAM REQUEST" form as you would for in-school programs, but CHECK the box on the top left of the form. (ALSO REMEMBER THE PROGRAM MUST BE AN ARTS PROGRAM AND YOU MUST INDICATE THE "ARTS STANDARDS" THAT ARE ADDRESSED BY THE PROGRAM ON THE REQUEST FORM.)
In space #1, provide the name of the company who we will be paying, the name of show/theatre, name of the contact person for that company, the mailing address, the telephone number, and the Federal I.D. number.
In space #2, include: Date; Time; Grade(s); number of tickets reserved; School(s); cost of each ticket; total cost. PLEASE INDICATE IF ANY TICKETS ARE COMPLEMENTRY. (NOTE: YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD 1 CHAPERONE FOR EVERY 6 STUDENTS, i.e. 90 STUDENTS & 15 CHAPERONES).
Make sure you put the date by which payment must be received by the Box Office. BOCES will need at least 3-4 weeks to
process and mail the check, (NOTE: IF YOU ARE SCHEDULING PROGRAMS TO TAKE PLACE AFTER
MAY 15TH THOSE REQUEST FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE MAY 15TH IN ORDER TO BE PROCESSED AND BILLED IN THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR!)
- Send the Request form WITH THE INVOICE YOU RECEIVE FROM THE THEATER/MUSEUM/BOX OFFICE attached to your district's Arts Representative to sign and then they will forward the Request form to me at BOCES. If you are uncertain as to who this is, click here or call STACY CHRYSSIKOS at
914/248-2349 or email email@example.com.
- BOCES will send a check for the amount requested to the name and address you have provided in space #1. A copy of the check and Purchase Order will be sent to your district Arts Representative as verification that it has been processed.
- Have questions? Contact STACY CHRYSSIKOS AT P/NW BOCES, 914/248-2349 - or email firstname.lastname@example.org.