- You contact the artist/organization to establish the service, date, and fee, that will be provided to your school.
- Complete the CURRENT ARTS PROGRAM REQUEST form items #1-#5. All the information requested must be provided or the Request form will be returned to your district Arts Reps.
You need to ask the presenter you are hiring if they are a member of the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) and check off the appropriate box on the request form.
Also, if the artist will be coming the your school 5 times or more, or work without supervision, you will need to ask if they are fingerprinted to work in new your state public schools, if they are not, they will be sent the forms to do get fingerprinted. Make sure you check off the box on the request form.
- All completed request forms must be sent to your district's Arts In Education Representative for approval. If you are uncertain as to who this is, click here or call
STACY CHRYSSIKOS at 914/248-2349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- After your district's Arts Representative checks the information and signs the Request form, it should be sent to STACY CHRYSSIKOS AT P/NW BOCES.
- All requests must be received by P/NW BOCES me at least 3-4 weeks priorto the starting date you will be using the artist/organization's service, (NOTE: IF YOU ARE SCHEDULING PROGRAMS TO TAKE PLACE AFTER
MAY 15TH THOSE REQUEST FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE MAY 15TH IN ORDER TO BE PROCESSED AND BILLED IN THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR!)
- Upon receipt of your Request form, BOCES will send the artist/organization a Contract, an Invoice, and Evaluation Forms for the services you have requested. (P/NW BOCES must contract directly with the artists/organization in order for your district to receive state aid.) Your District Arts Representative will receive a copy of the contract we send to the artist/organization.
- After the presentation, the artists will present you with the BOCES Invoice detailing services, date(s) and the total contracted fee.(This fee can be decreased, but never increased without additional paperwork.) This invoice must be signed by the artist and your district Arts Representative or a school district designee (the person who booked the program can sign off also). In addition, the artist will present you with a School Program Evaluation Form. Send the signed Invoice, along with your completed School Evaluation form(s) to:
Arts in Education Coordinator
200 BOCES Drive
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598-4399
or FAX it - 914-248-3838
BOTH THE SIGNED INVOICE AND THE SCHOOL'S EVALUATION FORM (AT LEAST ONE) ARE REQUIRED BEFORE WE CAN GENERATE PAYMENT TO THE ARTIST/ORGANIZATION.
Please work with us to ensure that payment is made in a timely Fashion.
REMEMBER - To be eligible for aid, programs must support the district's arts curriculum goals and the NEW YORK STATE LEARNING STANDARDS FOR THE ARTS.
8. Have questions?
Contact STACY CHRYSSIKOS AT P/NW BOCES