Adult & Continuing Education
This program serves the workforce preparation needs of more than 3,000 adults each year through continuing education, career and technical education, literacy training and training for business and industry.
- The Continuing Education program, run on weekday evenings, provides short-term, hobby- and career-related courses in a wide range of areas including construction and trades, auto mechanics, cosmetology, health, languages, real estate, culinary arts and computer technology.
- In the Career and Technical Education program, licensing and certification programs lead to entry-level employment in fields such as health care; computer applications for business; computer technology; food service; cosmetology; and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning. Classes are held during the day with high school students. Participants receive support services including career counseling, job development and job placement. These programs also serve unemployed and dislocated workers.
- A Licensed Practical Nursing program provides classroom and clinical instruction to meet the requirements to become an LPN.
- In the Adult Literacy program, students receive training in essential skills in workplace competencies such as communication, problem solving and team building. Instruction is available in Adult Basic Education, TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion), and English for Speakers of Other Languages at 13 locations in Putnam and Northern Westchester.
- The Business and Industry program provides customized, on-site training for businesses and municipalities. Some recent training programs include computer applications, accounting and health services.
For more information, please contact the Adult Education office at 914-248-2431.
Did You Know? - A video about the Adult & Continuing Education Program at Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES.